Spice up your May Day celebrations with this herb-y twist on classic funnel cake. Swap out sugar for SPICE!
Funnel Cake:1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp paprika
at least 1/3 cup of chopped green onions, scallions, chives, & parsley
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 pasture-raised eggs, beaten
1 cup coconut oil
Garlic Herbs Sauce (optional):
3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
handful of scallions and parsley, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
- Mix all dry ingredients, then add in herbs. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix in almond milk and beaten eggs. Mix thoroughly and let stand for 10 minute to thicken.
- While the batter is thickening, mix the garlic herb sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan or stock pot with tall sides. Let oil heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill a piping bag or squeeze bottle with the batter. Begin squeezing it into the oil in a slow and constant speed. Squeeze the batter in a swirling motion till it Is about 4 inches wide.
- Fry cake for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Briefly flip after the two minutes to finish cooking the top if the funnel cake is thick.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Top with garlic herb sauce and serve.