Spice up your Valentine's Day with these Mexican Spiced Chocolates, they'll give you that kick of spice you're looking for ;)
INGREDIENTS1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 pinch black pepper
1 pinch fine sea salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1/4 cup melted cacao butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
liquid sweetener of choice
small mixing bowl. whisk, microwave safe bowl, spoon, chocolate molds, measuring cups, measuring spoons
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, chili powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Melt the cacao butter on high in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Stir in the vanilla and preferred liquid sweetener.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into lightly greased chocolate molds.
- Allow to set at room temperature until firm. dust with desired amount of cayenne powder.
- you can also use a double broiler method to melt the cacao butter.
- store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.