1/4 bell pepper, finely chopped
4 white button mushrooms, finely chopped
LOTS AND LOTS Vegan shredded cheese, any kind works
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Slice the zucchini in half, longways. Scoop out the insides. Place on a cutting board and finely chop.
2. Combine zucchini with bell peppers and white button mushrooms. In a medium saucepan heat oil and garlic until fragrant. Once fragrant, add zucchini, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Cook until soft and season as desired.
3. Remove from heat and place inside the zucchini. Top with tomato sauce and vegan shredded cheese.
4. Line a baking dish with foil. Place zucchini in the dish and bake for 45 minutes.
5. Once done, top with fresh parsley and scallions. Serve immediately.
A baking dish works best because the high sides stop the zucchini from collapsing but a baking sheet will still work as well.