1-2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
1 piece ginger, peeled & minced
1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 3 pieces
½ green or red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 scallions, thinly sliced, keep white & green parts separate
2 ½ tbsp vegan red curry paste
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 medium carrot, diced
1 ½ cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
3 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
3 tablespoons unsweetened almond butter or peanut butter
5-6 white button mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup baby spinach
Black pepper, optional
measuring spoons & cups
large soup pot
1. In a large soup pot, melt vegan butter over medium heat
2. Add garlic, ginger, and lemongrass; cook till fragrant.
3. Add bell pepper and scallion whites; cook till fragrant.
4. Add curry paste; stirring constantly until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Add zucchini, carrot, coconut milk, vegetable broth, tamari, almond butter, white button mushrooms, and sea salt.
6. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 8-10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
7. After 8-10 minutes, add spinach and half of the scallion greens to wilt. Remove from heat and serve.
8. Top with black pepper and the other half of scallion greens.
- Serve with shirataki rice, a great low-carb rice alternative.
- Any nut or seed butter will work, nutrition information was calculated by using unsweetened almond butter.
- Can add tofu or other vegan meat options to curry after the 8-10 minute mark. Then cook for an additional 5 minutes.