½ cup pistachios
1 cup pecans or ½ cup pre-chopped pecans
1 cup macadamias
⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
⅓ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup golden flaxseed meal
½ cup gluten-free oats
2 pasture raised egg whites, or if vegan, a vegan egg substitute or chia egg (2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsp water)
¼ cup grass fed butter, the vegan kind if preferred melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
medium mixing bowl
small mixing bowl
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9”X13” baking sheet with foil.
2. Pulse almonds and pistachios in a food processor till broken up. There should be some small and some larger pieces at the end.
3. Add in pecans and macadamia nuts. Pulse till combined.
4. Add pumpkins seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseed meal, and gluten-free oats. Pulse till combined. The mixture should consist of smaller and larger pieces of nuts + seeds. Be sure to not over-process.
5. Add mixture to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add egg whites, use a rubber spatula to coat the mixture thoroughly.
6. Combine melted butter and vanilla in a small bowl, then add to nut + seed mixture. Mix to combine with a rubber spatula.
7. Add cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix to combine with rubber spatula.
8. Place mixture on the pre-lined baking sheet. Press down to an even thin layer on the sheet. The whole 9”X13” sheet should be covered.
9. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the corners are brown
10. Cool granola completely before breaking into pieces and storing.
- Granola will come out of the oven relatively soft and will harden as it cools.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg are optional.