- 1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add all the spices, fresh parsley, and salt. Mix well.
- 2. In a separate bowl, whisk yogurt with 100ml water, then pour into spiced flour mixture. Slowly add another 50ml water, stirring to blend. Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- 3. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Brush evenly with sunflower oil. Pour in half a ladleful of batter, immediately spreading with the back of the ladle to form a pancake. Cook 2-3 minutes, then brush a little more oil on the top, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Pancake is done when fluffy and cooked on both sides.
- 4. Repeat with remaining batter, wrap pancakes in cheese cloth to keep warm. Serve with a dollop of coconut milk yogurt and/or chutney.
- Dried coriander won’t work as a replacement for fresh coriander. Instead substitute another fresh herb, such as parsley.